We are a combined Hematology/Oncology 3-year fellowship. We accept two fellows each year, totaling six fellows for the program.
We have 10 faculty that serve as attending in your training with a mixture of some purely hematology, solid tumors, both and researchers. Our faculty all have a specialty of interest which would give you the opportunity to confer and learn from experts in their field.
Our academic affiliation is with The Texas A&M Health Science Center College of Medicine. The Scott & White Hematology and Medical Oncology Fellowship Program is fully accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME).
Our cancer treatment teams consist of other oncological fields that are integral to major cancer centers such as radiation oncology, gynecology oncology, surgical oncology, and palliative care.
We have a well-established blood bank and transfusion medicine program that provides resources for the treatment of complex hematological emergencies.
Our comprehensive program includes a range of clinical and subspecialty training as well as research opportunities.
Program Sponsored Educational Resources
- ASCO University Education Essentials for Oncology Fellows
- ASH Fundamentals of Hematology Fellows Program
- TAMU Medical Library – Board Vitals, Heme/Onc Question Bank, UpToDate
- Regional Education meeting – Year 1
- ASCO or ASH attendance – Year 2
- MD Anderson Heme/Onc Board review – Year 3