The Technology Transfer Office (TTO) is the commercialization unit of our program. The TTO works to foster innovation and translate the ideas and research of Baylor Scott & White Research Institute and Baylor Scott & White Health staff to inventions and discoveries that benefit the public.
Baylor Scott & White Research Institute staff are involved at all stages of the invention and discovery process to evaluate, protect, market and manage intellectual property. We also focus on building and maintaining effective relationships with inventors, academic and industry partners, nonprofit and government organizations, and other collaborators both locally and abroad.
Services for Inventors
The TTO offers a number of services to inventors and industry in an effort to bridge the gap between promising innovations and improved patient care.
- Identify and connect basic and clinical researchers who may be interested in or benefit from collaborating (i.e. due to similar research focuses).
- Execute agreements to advance and protect innovation, including agreements for confidentiality, material transfer and technology collaboration.
- Coordinate prototype development and proof of concept testing.
- Deliver one-on-one or group training sessions about technology transfer and related topics.
- Serve as a resource for up-to-date information on innovation in healthcare.
- Serve as the single point of access for innovations throughout the entire Baylor Scott & White system allowing for streamlined communication.
- Connect companies to Baylor Scott & White inventors, researchers and technologies that address industry interests and create mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Conduct business transactions in a timely and efficient manner.
- Offer access to experts in the sciences, business development, intellectual property and related fields.
- Manage consulting agreements between industry and Baylor Scott & White staff.
Staff and investigators can download the invention disclosure form (log-in required).
For additional information, please email Inventions@BSWHealth.org.