We use the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) to electronically accept residency applications, letters of recommendations, dean’s letters, transcripts and other credentials directly from your medical school.
Deadline for applications is November 1.
In order to be considered for the program, applicants must submit the following materials:
- Completed ERAS application
- Letter from medical school dean
- Medical school transcript
- Three to four letters of recommendation
- Step 1 and Step 2 USMLE scores – Graduates must have a 220 or above on their USMLEs and have passed each on their first attempt
Interview day for potential residents begins with breakfast and a presentation by the program director and faculty members. Half of the candidates tour the hospital while the other half interview individually with members of the selection committee.
Each candidate’s interview lasts approximately one hour. The department provides lunch, during which candidates have the opportunity to meet our current residents.
The evening prior to the interviews, a dinner is held in a current resident’s home.
Learn more about Baylor Scott & White's housestaff appointment eligibility, including guidelines for international medical graduates.