Our fellows rotate through the following:
- Bone marrow and lymph node morphology – six months
- Flow Cytometry – one month
- Molecular pathology and cytogenetics – one month
- Coagulation – one month
- Pediatric hematopathology – one month
- General laboratory hematology/lab management – one month
- MedFusion-general signout rotation
Rotations take place at Baylor University Medical Center, MedFusion Labs and Cook Children's in Fort Worth.
Rotations average one month at a time. A one-month elective or special interest rotation is available. Bone marrow cases for fellows average five per day with one to two lymphoid tissues/cytology specimens per day.
There is no significant call for our fellows.
Fellows are encouraged to participate in an academic project resulting in a publication and/or presentation.
Conferences include a weekly hematology/oncology conference and a weekly hematopathology education conference.