Our program curriculum includes:
- Didactic lectures
- Journal club discussion
- Case study discussions
- Attendance at national and regional headache medicine meetings
- Interactive learning from peers and faculty members involved in patient care
The program covers the content outline for the headache medicine written examination, including:
- Epidemiology and co-morbidities of migraine
- Anatomy of pain
- Pathophysiology involved in pain
- Various headache disorders
- Pharmacology of headache treatment
- Classification and diagnosis of headache disorders in keeping with the ICHD-3 beta
Fellows are involved in the assessment and treatment of headache disorders, including primary and secondary headaches, as well as treatment consideration for special populations. Fellows will rotate and see patients at the headache center. Fellow will cover the outpatient headache infusion center and will be involved in treatment process of headache patients.
The clinic part will be under the supervision of the Program Director and the Medical Director of the Headache Medicine. The lecture series and case based learning will be on weekly basis and will be led by the Medical Director.
Our Headache Medicine program is clinical based program but we welcome research interest. Fellow will be supported during the training and encouraged to work on a research project. Research will be conducted under direct supervision of Timothy Clark, PHD, and Baylor Scott & White Research Institute.