Our program aims to further develop pharmacist skills and knowledge for leadership responsibilities within large health systems.
The program is structured into block experiences that are two to four months in duration, tailored to each individual resident's needs:
- Facility-based management, human resource administration, financial management
- Medication safety, clinical management
- Leadership, accreditation, quality
Residents are required to design, develop and complete a major project related to pharmacy management. Residents present the project as a poster at ASHP’s Mid-Year Clinical Meeting and as a platform presentation at the ALCALDE Southwest Leadership Conference. A written manuscript is required to be submitted to the program director prior to completion of the program.
Residents are required to prepare one 60-minute presentation for ACPE credit on an approved pharmacy leadership or management topic, complete with slides and handout.
Medication Utilization Evaluation (MUE)
Residents are required to coordinate and present the findings of a MUE at the system level.
Our program utilizes a four-part evaluation strategy:
- Resident summative self-evaluation
- Preceptor summative evaluation
- Learning experience evaluation by resident
- Preceptor(s) evaluation by resident