We use the Dietetic Internship Centralized Application System (DICAS) to accept applications, transcripts and other supporting application materials.
Application deadline is Nov. 27 for fall and Apr. 1 for spring.
Our program assigns interns to three Baylor Scott & White Health medical centers within the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. To indicate a preference, please complete the primary site preference form.
Please send the form along with the $75 application fee via check or money order made out to Baylor University Medical Center Dallas to:
Baylor Unversity Medical Center Dallas
Dietetic Internship/Nutrition Services
3500 Gaston Ave.
Dallas, TX 75246
Eligible candidates must have a Bachelor's degree and have completed an ACEND-approved didactic program in dietetics by the program start date. We prefer the coursework to have been completed within the last five years; however, candidates with recent relevant work experience will be considered.
Applicants must also submit:
- Personal statement that addresses the following questions:
- Why do you want to enter the dietetics profession?
- What are some experiences that have helped to prepare you for your career?
- What are your short-term and long-term goals?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses or areas needing improvement?
- What is your reason(s) for wanting to come to Baylor Scott & White?
- Reference letters two professors in food and nutrition and one current/recent employer
- School transcripts
- Overall GPA must be above 3.0
- Dietetic and nutrition-related coursework GPA must above 3.0
- Activities demonstrating leadership and ability to work well with people
- Foodservice and/or hospital work experience
Final acceptance is contingent on:
- Submission of a Verification Statement of Completion of Academic requirements within 30 days of the start date of the program
- Successful completion of Baylor Scott & White Health's physical, drug screen (including nicotine) and background check (going back 10 years) per Baylor Scott & White policy. Any adverse findings may result in candidate being denied final acceptance in the Dietetic Internship Program.
- Proof of insurance. Health insurance is required of all students. Students must acquire insurance on their own. Proof of automobile liability insurance for travel is required of all students. Professional liability insurance can be obtained for one year. Information regarding where the professional liability insurance can be obtained will be provided prior to the internship.
Learn more about Baylor Scott & White's housestaff appointment eligibility, including guidelines for international medical graduates.