We use the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) to electronically accept fellowship applications, letters of recommendations, dean’s letters, transcripts and other credentials directly from your medical school.
Applicants must have successfully completed an ACGME-accredited residency.
Eligible applicants should also provide:
- ERAS Common Application Form: Describe your activities with professional societies, publications, and any other relevant information about your education or experience. Any information you would put on your curriculum vitae should be included. See the MyERAS 2010 Application Worksheet (CAF) on the ERAS Fellowships Resources page.
- Personal statement of professional goals
- Official transcripts: From each university, graduate school, and/or medical school you attended. Provide certified or notarized English translations of documents written in a language other than English.
- Dean's letter/medical school performance evaluation (MSPE)
- Official test transcripts for all applicable examinations (USMLE, LMCC, COMLEX, NBOME, FMGEMS, FLEX, or NBME)
- Valid ECFMG certificate: Required for applicants who graduated from a medical school outside the United States or Canada.
- Three original letters of recommendation: From physicians or faculty members who are thoroughly familiar with your work. One letter must be from your residency program director. Each letter should include the writer’s opinion of your professional, academic, and personal qualifications, as well as his/her opinion of your potential success in the field for which you are applying. You may submit more than three letters of recommendation if you wish.
- Copy of graduate school and or medical diploma: Please send a copy of your diploma(s) via U.S. mail or email to this address to be added to your ERAS Fellowship Application locally (not accepted by ERAS for scanning).
- Copy of completion certificate from each of your prior residency and/or fellowship training programs: Required if you have completed a residency and/or fellowship program previously. Please send a copy of your certificate(s) via US mail or email to this address to be added to your ERAS Fellowship Application locally (not accepted by ERAS for scanning):
- CREOG annual examination scores: Please send a copy of your exam score reports via US mail or email to this address to be added to your ERAS Fellowship Application locally (not accepted by ERAS for scanning). Include score reports from PGY 1-3 if you are still in residency and PGY 1-4 if you have completed residency training.
December 1, 2019: Fellowship application submission opens.
February 15, 2020: Applications received by this date will be considered for the 1st round of interview offers by all participating fellowship programs.
February 16, 2020 through February 29, 2020: Fellowships will review applications received by February 15, 2020.
- Applications may be reviewed earlier or on a rolling basis, however offers for interviews will not be sent until March 2, 2020
March 2, 2020: By 5 PM ET, all participating programs will electronically deliver interview offers, waitlist status and declinations (will not be offered interview at any point).
- Offer will include interview dates, expected method(s) for applicant to accept or decline interview offer (e-mail, phone call, interview scheduling system, etc.) and deadline of March 8, 2020, 5 PM ET.
- Programs will not offer more interviews than the number of interview slots available.
- It is the Program's discretion as to whether all interview slots are offered in first round.
March 8, 2020: By 5 PM ET, applicants will accept or decline interview offers via expected method.
- Non-response or failure to accept via expected method(s) may be considered a decline.
March 9, 2020: Programs may send out all further interview offers (to those wait-listed in 1st round or for applications received after February 15, 2020) according to program preference.
- Programs should continue to send out declinations in a timely manner & to communicate with those on wait list status to help applicants manage their interview season optimally.
April 1, 2020: Interviews may start for participating programs.
- Program may schedule interviews anytime after 4/1/20; this date provides candidates at least 1 month to arrange travel and absence coverage.
Learn more about Baylor Scott & White's housestaff appointment eligibility, including guidelines for international medical graduates.