Baylor Scott & White The Heart Hospital – Plano* is a 105-bed hospital specializing in advanced cardiothoracic surgical techniques and transcatheter cardiovascular therapies, including minimally-invasive robotic surgery and transcatheter implantation. The hospital opened in January 2007 with no visibility, however, today Baylor Scott & White The Heart Hospital – Plano has achieved national and international recognition:
- One of the World’s Best hospitals named by Newsweek (2nd year in a row).
- Ranked #27 in the nation for cardiology and heart surgery, U.S. News & World Report 2019-2020 Best Hospitals list.
- U.S. News & World Report 2019-2020 Best Hospitals list achieved “High Performing” in five types of care:
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair
- Aortic Valve Surgery
- Heart Bypass Surgery
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Lung Cancer Surgery.
- Distinguished 3-star rating, The Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS) for its patient care and outcomes in isolated aortic valve replacement surgery (AVR), isolated coronary bypass surgery (CABG), AVR plus CABG surgery. The three-star rating, one the most sophisticated and highly regarded overall measures of quality in health care, places Baylor Scott & White The Heart Hospital – Plano among the most elite for cardiac surgery in the United States and Canada.
- 5-star rating (highest possible), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, for Overall Hospital Quality; one of only 293 out of 4,573 hospitals to receive 5 stars
- 18-time national award recipient for outstanding performance in Patient Experience: ER and HCAHPS (inpatient) by Press Ganey™, renowned authority on the patient experience
* Joint Ownership with Physicians