Baylor Scott & White Heart and Vascular Institute – Dallas', in collaboration with Baylor Research Institute, coordinates more than 150 clinical trials involving cardiac surgery, cardiology, cardiac and vascular intervention, electrophysiology, vascular surgery and cardiovascular disease prevention.
The Fellow actively participates in research projects equipping the fellow to further their experience in critical thinking and innovative research.
Fellows accepted for presentation at major heart failure meeting, are fully funded from the department for those expenses.
Recent Publications from Fellows
- Alam A, Milligan GP, Joseph SM. Reconsidering the Diagnostic Criteria of Right Ventricular Primary Graft Dysfunction. J Card Fail 2020; Epub ahead of print 2020/08/11.
- Hicks A, 3rd, Velazco JF, Gohar S, Seliem A, Hall SA, Michel JB. Advanced heart failure with reduced ejection fraction. Proc (Bayl Univ Med Cent) 2020;33(3):350-6.
- Milligan GP, Alam A, Guerrero-Miranda C. Recognizing Right Ventricular Dysfunction in Coronavirus Disease-2019-Related Respiratory Illness. J Card Fail 2020; Epub ahead of print 2020/05/15.
- Tecson KM, Hashemi H, Afzal A, Gong TA, Kale P, McCullough PA. Community-Acquired Acute Kidney Injury as a Risk Factor of de novo Heart Failure Hospitalization. Cardiorenal Med 2019;9(4):252-60.
- Thakur R, Afzal A, Carey SA, Bass K, Felius J, Roberts WC, Hall SA. Repeat Cardiac Transplant Indicated by Severe Cardiac Allograft Vasculopathy in a Patient With Danon Disease. Rev Cardiovasc Med 2018;19(2):69-71.
- Afzal A, Tecson KM, Jamil AK, Felius J, Garcha PS, Hall SA, Carey SA. The Effect of Obstructive Sleep Apnea on 3-Year Outcomes in Patients Who Underwent Orthotopic Heart Transplantation. Am J Cardiol 2019;124(1):51-4.