The multidisciplinary staff at Baylor Scott & White, which includes psychiatrists, psychologists and licensed professional counselors, offers:
- Individual therapy
- Group therapy
- Couples therapy
- Family therapy
- Cognitive therapy
- Cognitive-behavioral strategies
- Study skill and classroom accommodations, as well as consultation with campus and community agencies to ease
- Cognitive-behavioral intervention for binge or compulsive overeating
- Cognitive-behavioral intervention for sleep problems
- Chronic pain management techniques for headaches, arthritis and other medical conditions
- Stress management related to medical problems
- Differential diagnosis of psychiatric impairment/illness neurologic injury/impairment/illness
- Documentation of residual neurocognitive and neurobehavioral deficits related to acquired or congenital neurologic changes
- Assessment and interventions for memory loss, communication problems, attention/concentration difficulties and other cognitive deficits
- Health behavior change and motivation enhancement
- Pre- and post-surgical psychological evaluations to guide treatment and provide follow-up related to adjustment needs:
- Surgical weight loss evaluations
- Pain surgery evaluations
- Cardiac surgery evaluations
- Deep brain stimulation evaluations
- Transplant evaluations- heart and kidney, left ventricular assist device (LVAD)
Inpatient Mental Health Services
At select locations, we offer inpatient psychiatry treatment.
With the new age of working and servicing remotely, hospital telepsychiatry sits on the cutting-edge of psychiatric consultation accessibility. In 2019, Baylor Scott & White Health ventured into its own foray of innovative psychiatric service delivery. Developing an independent hospital telepsychiatry model, a small team of physicians and administrators developed a comprehensive BSWH-wide system of psychiatric consultation through an encrypted and uninterrupted telecommunications modality. Today, our distinguished program offers remote consultation access to six senior highly experienced and qualified psychiatrists, including two who are subspecialized in child psychiatry. Our team of psychiatrists provides an uncompromising level of quality psychiatric consultation to 25 Baylor Scott & White Health affiliates throughout the great state of Texas.
Although our outreach entails numerous facilities within North Texas, Central Texas and the Austin areas, our expansion is not over. We plan to serve the hospital wards and ICUs within the Temple campus and offer our services to a greater number of emergency departments within our satellite hospitals. This will entail streamlining our psychiatric services with those of other departments, thus offering physicians and other healthcare providers a means of psychiatric consultation at their fingertips to help them manage challenging clinical circumstances in real-time. Our desire is to expand our program to more underserved areas, busy hospital wards and emergency departments, thus developing outreach to communities in dire need of psychiatric consultation and providing physicians and other clinicians, within our system, a lifeline to accessible psychiatric consultation.
Substance Abuse Services
In addition to individual therapy, we offer intensive outpatient group therapy for adults. This program provides support and structure of a 12-step treatment program to help your patients maintain their sobriety.